Criteria for NSHRC Website Listing of Home Sharing Programs
The National Shared Housing Resource Center (NSHRC) is a clearinghouse of information for people looking to find a Home Sharing Program in their community. We are dedicated to expanding the availability of non-profit home sharing programs around the County.
Non-profit organizations can be added to the Directory if they meet the following criteria:
- They are a non-profit 501(c)3 under IRS rules or operating under the umbrella of a non-profit corporation.
- They are a homesharing match-up program with agency staff or volunteers who are trained to screen program applicants which may include a one-on one process of interviews, background and reference checks.
- They offer a one-on-one matching service between people who have an extra room in their home with those who are looking for housing.
- They help Home Sharing Matches define a Home Sharing Match agreement.
- They provide follow-up support to Home Sharing Matches.
- Their goals are consistent with the goals of NSHRC including, but not limited to, fair housing laws.
- They pay an annual fee of $100.
In exchange NSHRC agrees to list them in the Program Directory page of NSHRC’s website.
If your organization meets this criteria, click below to submit an application form.